One of the trendiest hair-removal options today is dermaplaning, which is performed using a scalpel to manually exfoliate dead skin cells from the face. “Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation method that requires the use of a sterile surgical scalpel to gently shave the top layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, dead skin layer, and vellus hair, aka peach fuzz,” • It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
• It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
• It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
• It can be performed frequently.
• It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
• It can help significantly lighten postinflammatory scars from past acne.
• It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.