New Year, New Skin: Skincare for 2023
It’s that time of year to set your goals for 2023! Whether it is to eat healthier, get some traveling done, or make skincare your focus, we all have big dreams at the beginning of the year. Luckily, improving your skincare routine is more than achievable, and you can feel good about finally completing your New Year’s Resolution this time. Ready to level up your skincare for 2023? Keep reading to learn more about how to improve your skincare routine and the one skincare clinic in Westlake Village that can help get you amazing results, fast.
Why is Skincare So Important?
Ever get home from a night out, exhausted, skip your skincare routine, and just fall asleep in your makeup? Do you skip the toner for days (or weeks) on end because… what does it even do? We are here to give you a few reasons why skincare is so important to help motivate you to stay on track, or chat with the specialists at our skincare clinic in Westlake Village for more personalized help.
- Ignore it now; notice it later. You’ll never be as young as you are right now, which means taking great care of your skin today will avoid expensive procedures, heartache, and low confidence later.
- The air is gross! Your skin comes in contact with all the pollutants and allergens in the air, so leaving your makeup on overnight or otherwise not properly washing and caring for your skin can cause some serious damage.
- Can leave you prone to infection. If you don’t take proper care of your skin, it can cause blemishes or cracks, which leave open wounds. These openings allow for infection, so taking care of your skin will help your overall health.
Easy Ways to Improve Your Skincare Routine
Leveling up your skincare routine does not need to be complicated. Here are a few easy ways you can start improving your skincare routine as soon as today:
- Ditch the makeup wipes and start using a cleanser. It will get in deep, clearing out your pores and leaving you with a fresh, clean slate. This allows for proper skin recovery overnight, as well as a fresh slate for applying new makeup the next day.
- Start drinking more water! Staying hydrated is one of the best ways you care for your skin.
- Wear SPF every day, even if you’re not lying out in the sun by the beach. Sun exposure is the culprit for so many skin issues, so start wearing SPF to narrow your chances of skin issues occurring.
- Don’t over-exfoliate. While it is important to give your skin a good, deep scrub with an exfoliator, too much can actually harm your skin. Keep it to 2 times a week.
A Little Skincare Professional Help
Already have a pretty solid skincare routine at home and need some extra help? Have some fine lines, dark spots, or other skin concerns you’d like to finally address this year? There’s nothing wrong with a little professional skincare help, and these are some of the favorite services offered at our skincare clinic in Westlake Village.
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure with minimal downtime that’s used to treat skin concerns via collagen production. Also known as collagen induction therapy, this treatment may help those looking to reduce the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks. Microneedling is a dermaroller procedure that uses small needles to prick the skin. The purpose of treatment is to generate new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, more toned skin. Microneedling is mostly used on the face and may treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores.
Done with filling in your eyebrows every day? Ditch your eyebrow pencil and say hello to microblading. Microblading is a cosmetic procedure where a grouping of needles affixed to a handle manually creates strokes that resemble eyebrow hairs. This specialized technique will give you natural-looking, full brows with minimal upkeep. The procedure allows you to correct or completely recreate lost brows. This technique deposits pigment into the skin, using a hand tool that creates small paper cut-like scratches. Numbing cream will be applied to ensure your comfort, making the procedure painless.
New to the skincare game and want to get your feet wet first? One of the trendiest hair-removal options today is dermaplaning, which is performed using a scalpel to manually exfoliate dead skin cells from the face. It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime. It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation; it can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration, and don’t worry: It won’t make the hair grow back thicker and darker!
Start 2023 with Elmira Studio
Our skincare clinic in Westlake Village can help you reach your skincare goals for 2023!
Elmira Halpern is a highly experienced esthetician with thousands of hours of experience, training, and teaching under her belt when it comes to all things skin and face. With a wide range of services for Westlake Village, CA, and surrounding areas, Elmira is specially trained in Plasma Pen Platinum and, with over 650 specialized hours, she even teaches other estheticians the trade. She will guide you expertly throughout the process in her serene Westlake Village, CA studio, ensuring your complete comfort and satisfaction.
Service Elmira Studio offers includes:
- Permanent Make-Up
- Dermaplaning (peach fuzz hair removal and deep exfoliation)
- Microneedling (helps to treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores)
- Microchanneling (great for the surface texture and the overall appearance of the skin)
- PlasmaPen (great for wrinkles, eye lifts, skin tightening, mole removal, and much more)
- Tattoo Removal
To learn more about Elmira and to book an appointment today, visit elmirastudio.com